Here’s a list of some of the healthiest foods for gut health and what they do for your body.
- Blueberries – they help restore the central nervous system and flush out the liver
- Celery – strengthens acid in the gut and provides mineral salts to the central nervous system
- Sprouts – they’re high in zinc and selenium and they help strengthen the immune system
- Asparagus – cleanses the liver and spleen and strengthens the pancreas
- Spinach – helps create an alkaline environment and provides micro-nutrients for the nervous system
- Cilantro- helps remove heavy metals
- Parsley – helps remove copper and aluminum
- Coconut Oil – it’s anti-viral and anti-inflammatory
- Ginger – helps with nutrient assimilation
- Raspberries – powerful anti-oxidants and helps remove free radicals from the body
- Lettuce – stimulates peristaltic action in intestinal tract
- Papayas – helps restore central nervous system and strengthens acid in the gut
- Apricots – helps rebuild immune system and strengthens the blood
- Pomegranates – helps detox blood and the lymphatic system
- Grapefruit – full of bioflavonoids and calcium and helps flush out toxins
- Kale – provides alkaloids that protect against viruses
- Sweet Potatoes – helps to cleanse the liver
- Cucumbers – helps strengthen adrenals and kidneys and flush neuro-toxins from the bloodstream
- Fennel – anti-viral
When I was working on overcoming some food allergies I came across this list of foods. It was recommended that I eat at least 3 of each of these a day and to make sure I eat almost all these foods each week. They are listed in rough order of importance.
This is not an extensive list of the healthiest foods for your gut out there, but it is a great start! What will you add into your diet this week to help boost your body functions?