It seems our culture is on a quest to live longer than ever (even though Abraham lived to be 175).
And there is an organization that studies just that: Blue Zones
They have studied the nine places around the globe where people live the longest. They’ve found some common denominators among these groups of people.
One thing these people eat more of than anything else is:
Veggies. Veggies. And more veggies.
They do also eat meat, but only a handful of times a month.
So, let’s discuss a few ways to get more veggies into your day. Here’s some ideas:
- Put greens in your morning smoothie
- Saute veggies for your omelet or with an over easy egg
- Veggie up a frittata
- Take carrot and celery sticks or broccoli and raw squash for snacks
- If you eat sandwiches add spinach, kale, or chard
- Make sure to include a vegetable or two in each meal
- Get the veggie plate at restaurants
- Eat dried seaweed snacks
- Use veggie protein powder in smoothies, energy balls, milkshakes…
- Keep fresh and frozen vegetables stocked so you always have them available
How do you get veggies in your day? Share your ideas!