I found this letter I had written myself for a “rainy day.” You know, one of those days that nothing seems to be going right, depression begins to set in, and you can’t seem to focus on God’s goodness- no matter how hard you try. Perhaps it’ll help you for a rainy day too!
You must be in the middle of a horrendous rain storm. Hail, lightening, severe wind, stinging rain, and dark clouds surround you. Don’t give up! The storm will pass. Sunshine is on the way!
While in the midst of this storm there are a few things to remember:
- The task ahead of you is never as great as the power within you.
“I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”
- Guard your heart, but don’t lock it up.
“Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”
- God will be faithful to complete what He has started with you. He hasn’t quit. Don’t you quit either!
“Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
- Let go of control. God’s got this!
- If something hasn’t gone right, try again!
- Do you need to change your perspective? How is this storm good for you?
Even when we don’t understand what God is doing (and this horrible storm) we can still trust His promises.
Do something right now that will fill you up.
Smile, even though it hurts. You are loved and appreciated.